Rhine-Waal University is currently inviting applications for the following vacancy in the Faculty of Technology and Bionics, Kleve Campus, to be filled as soon as possible:
Reference number 08/F1/17 Research Associate (m/f) in Science Communication, German TV-L pay scale E13, fixed-term contract until 31.08.2019 according to section 2 (2) of the German Academic Fixed-Term Contract Act (WissZeitVG), full-time
- Self-reliant work in the management team of a global science communication project on RRI
- Develop, manage and monitor ongoing, dialogue-oriented project communication strategies
- Marketing and dissemination activities; exploitation of project reports; building networks
- Online monitoring and event management; project administration
- Cooperation with and possibly coordination of international partner institutions
- Teaching support in Science Communication Management
- Development of research proposals and managing collaboration in research and teaching
- Master or equivalent degree, if possible in science communication; otherwise in a communication or information science, STS or similar disciplines
- Pertinent work experience of at least two years, ideally in stakeholder management
- Convincing interpersonal and communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Experience with international research projects, if possible in the area of science communication; ideally research management expertise
- English language skills above the average, at least C1 under CEFR
- Good skills in work administration and organisation
- Basic IT skills (MS Office, CMS, Social Media)
- Applicants must have at least basic proficiency in German.
More information about the project can be found online: nucleus-project.eu; More information about our degree programme: bit.ly/SciComm-DE
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is committed to the professional development and advancement of women. Female candidates are expressly welcomed and encouraged to apply. In accordance with the Gender Equality Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz NRW), in cases of equal suitability, aptitude and professional experience, female candidates shall be given preferential consideration over male candidates for vacancies in areas with proportionally fewer female employees, provided there are no specific, overriding reasons for giving preference to a specific male candidate. In the event of equal suitability, preferential consideration will also be given to disabled candidates or candidates recognised as such by virtue of Section 2 (3) of the German Code of Social Law, Book IX (SGB IX).
Please submit only copies of your original documents and avoid any elaborate folders etc., as we are unfortunately unable to return applications to their sender. Please do not submit your application online or in electronic form.
Please send your application and all relevant documents in hard copy and postmarked by no later than 06 th November 2017 to: Dezernat Personal der Hochschule Rhein-Waal, Marie-Curie-Str. 1, 47533 Kleve, Germany. Please specify the reference number in your application.